Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Welcome to the New Blog

Welcome to the new blog...I came up with the title while laying on a massage table getting a wonderful and relaxing massage from Sue at Healed by Hand. She is super wonderful both at what she does and as a person!!!

So...back to the blog. Everyone has told me to journal during this process. What process...oh yeah, that "C" word...cancer....Breast Cancer specifically. The title....how did that come about?? As I was contemplating all of the changes that are about to happen to me, I posted on FB (that would be Facebook) about how I was not having a good day, I didn't want to have to have chemo, the surgery I was okay with, blah, blah, blah, whine, whine, whine. Then I read the shirt I was wearing. It said... "Beauty is Fleeting, Character.....Eternal". Boy, was I put in my place. So, this is my Character Building experience. I personally thought I had enough character, thank you very much. Obviously, God had other plans and must be thinking that I need WAY more character. Really???

The back story...I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on 10/14/11 at about 10:28am at the ripe old age of just 38 years old. (yes, you kinda remember the time when the phone rings). On 10/31/11 I found out the best news. Yes, you have BEST news in all of this. Anyway, the cancer had not spread to the lymph nodes. I think I did a happy dance right there in the bank parking lot as the Dr. was telling me this news!!

I can't wait to share with you all of the funny things that have come up during this "character building" process. I hope that you will laugh, cry, and share with me during this journey.


3 comments:

  1. I think Beauty is a Character is more fitting! I also believe that God wants you to be more of a character. Okay, all joking aside. I, for one, am glad you decided to do this. I think this will help in the healing process, as putting it in words can often do. You already know that so many people are here for your support. While I might not make a lot of noise very often, I am one of them. Hang in there kiddo...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea, one more thing. I think you may want to rework this in your profile "married for 6 years to a wonderful husband and a photographer". It sounds like Doug is the photographer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right...and we have been married almost 8 years now, too!!! That profile is so old!!! : )

    ReplyDelete