Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Where Did the Time Go???

Gosh....I promised myself that I would blog more about this whole experience and well, that didn't happen. For that, I apologize...but I know you are following me on Facebook.

Let me recap the whole first chemo experience. I will be more honest here than on Facebook. It was not a pleasant experience at all. So much so, it made me question if continuing treatment was even a good idea. I won't recap all of the details, but it was the most intense pain I have ever felt in my entire life.

So...after meeting with the Doctors last week, we have a new game plan for next week for treatment #2. Lots more nausea drugs and we know what drug works for pain. I am optimistic for the next treatment that it will be much less traumatic for everyone.

On the hair front....nothing has fallen out yet. It keeps tingling and itching but it's all still there!!! I go Friday to get my new hair. I am having Doug take my camera to document the process!!! So, there will be pics!! I can't wait!!! I was so worried about the transition and what would people say or think. I have thrown that out the window! I came to this conclusion.....A) When will I ever have a blank canvas for my hair??? Hopefully, never again....so I'm going for it! Since it is a hand made, human hair wig, I will have it cut and styled. I'm going to have the designer do whatever she thinks will be best for me. B) If anyone thinks it's appropriate to say anything mean due to lack of understanding or basically ignorance because of my new style, well....their opinion means nothing because I know they couldn't last 1 day in my shoes. My biggest fear is that someone will say something stupid to me because they have seen me with my super short hair and then the next time they see me, it will be with long hair and think I'm just playing dress up or something like that. I know that is just a silly fear, so I'm throwing it out the window and I'm going to have fun with this!!!!

So....that is about it. Overall, I think things are well. I am feeling great. I feel ALIVE and energized which is just amazing to me.

1 comment:

  1. Love you Lori, you have always been honest and very transparent. Thank you for sharing even more of yourself. As for those who might have something to say about your hair....well burning coals will be heaped on their heads when they understand why. Perhaps they will learn to be kinder to others. ~Jodie

    ReplyDelete